*I am behind!! I wrote this a week after his third month birthday. Hard to believe he'll be 4 months old in a week...
Happy three months, Ben!
I don’t know how you did it --- but you’re even cuter this month than the last. You’ve always been a smiley baby, but this month your smiles got big and wide! And perhaps our favorite thing --- you started to laugh! One day Daddy and I were listening to iTunes to check out new music and you started laughing at an A capella Christmas song (Pentatonix). Of course, we had to purchase the song and we played it over and over again to make you laugh. And maybe I was funny dancing to the music. ;) We’ll do just about anything to make you laugh!
I had some really difficult moments during this month. We transitioned you out of your bassinet in our room to the crib in your nursery. I honestly think I could have kept you in our room forever. ;) You didn’t love sleeping in the crib for your first few naps, but you slept through that first night and have been sleeping in your crib for a couple of weeks now. You’re so easygoing! I also went back to work right before you turned three months old. It is so hard leaving you during the day. I miss you from the moment I leave for work until the moment I get back home to see you. Everyone tells me it will get better, but I have a feeling moms always miss their babies (even when their babies are 30, haha).
You celebrated your first Thanksgiving! Your Nana Patti, Grandma Donna, Grandpa Gary, Great Uncle Greg and Great Aunt Jenn came to visit. You loved being held all day long and smiling at your family. We went to a Christmas tree farm and Daddy cut down your first Christmas tree. We decorated the house for Christmas and can’t wait to celebrate with you.
Grandma Donna came out to watch you during my first week back at work. You had a lot of fun playing games and reading books all day long! It was so nice to have you stay at home for a few more weeks before you start daycare. We were also spoiled: Grandma baked us cookies, bread, and a cake.
You had two more playdates with your friend Reese! It’s so cute to see you two together. You both are reaching milestones at the same time and it’s fun to talk with Reese’s mom about how big you both are getting. We can’t wait to watch your friendship grow!
You try to move every chance you get. You’re almost constantly pumping your legs and arms, and I just know once you’re able to move you’re always going to be on the go! You grasp your toys and are able to bring toys to your mouth. You like to eat your hands, and you’re showing teething behaviors but no teeth yet! You are able to roll onto your side from your back. We had to stop swaddling you at night because you’re going to roll over any day now! You are getting so strong. You are able to hold your head up and do a “push up”. (picture) All of your 0-3 month clothes are in storage and you’re wearing 3-6 month clothes exclusively. We can’t wait to see how big you are at your 4 month appointment in January!
Likes: board books, silly animal noises, music and being sung to, owl book, black and white skunk, ribbon mobile, baths (you LOVE baths), play gym, swing, being bounced, silly dancing, watching television (we have to keep it off most of the time!), LA Galaxy winning the MLS cup
Dislikes: cherry flavor (Vitamin D drops), your car seat when it’s not moving, being stationary for more than a few minutes, being startled, still don’t like Jurgen Klinnsman
We are so looking forward to your first Christmas!






















1 comment:
It's amazing how much he has changed! Just love the little peanut. :-) All the pictures are wonderful.
Post a Comment