Bump Date: 16 weeks

Saturday, April 5, 2014 |





I learned that pose from the school of Barbizon.

How Far Along?  16 weeks. 
Size of the Baby? Baby G is the size of an avocado. 
Maternity Clothes? Still able to mix my regular clothes with some new maternity pieces. Thanks, Mom, for the outfit above! Maternity jeans are the best, and I may never take them off. 
Stretch Marks? That ship sailed long ago. ;) Gotta embrace them! 
Gender? Our next ultrasound is scheduled for May 1st! Can't wait to find out if we're having a son or daughter. We both think boy, but will be ecstatic either way. 
Name? We've had a boy name set since the days we were dating. If it's a girl, we are going to have a tough time choosing! 
Sleep? I'm still sleeping like I'm in the first trimester. I could sleep all day and night. Too bad you can't stock up on sleep...
Cravings? SWEETS. So odd, because I've always craved salt. I can't say no to lemonade or baked goods. A friend told me she was bringing chocolate cake with chocolate frosting to a party tonight, and I thought about it ALL DAY. 
What I Miss? Stella Artois. The last beer I had before finding out we were pregnant! 
Movement? I haven't felt anything yet, but we heard baby G moving around during our Doppler Thursday. 
Symptoms? Thankfully, this pregnancy has been relatively symptom-free. Other than some nausea towards the end of the first trimester, I've been feeling pretty good! The sleep, though ---- I am tired by 8 and sleep until 7 during the weekday (later on weekends). Dave's been enjoying many nights of playing Playstation while I sleep (to the sounds of Battlefield). ----- and perhaps I've been incredibly a tad emotional. 
Belly Button? In, and I suspect will be in for quite a while! 
Best Moment of the week? Hearing the heartbeat at our 16 week appointment. We also celebrated Friend Easter (aka Feaster) today with our close friends, and I'm so happy we have a great friend community for Baby G to grow up with in Iowa. We are the last of the group to have a baby, and Baby G is going to have a great group of playmates! 

Baby / Momma Update: I'm very thankful that this pregnancy has been going well so far. Heartbeat was 150 at our 16 week appointment, and hearing the baby move (even if I can't feel it yet) was so cool. According to old wives tales (aka not scientific in any way), any heartbeat over 140 means we're having a girl and craving sweets means girl, while very little morning sickness means boy. So it's up in the air! ;) 

We were initially planning on going on a quick weekend trip (Babymoon: Part I) to Kansas City this weekend to see an MLS soccer game (it's never too early to encourage baby to love soccer), but I ended up with a really bad cold earlier this week and I'm still not 100%. We decided to stay home since it would be cold and the game is outdoors. Colds during pregnancy are no joke, and it doesn't help that there are like 2 medications that are "safe" to take. Fortunately, I am feeling better and we're making it a staycation in the beautiful Cedar Rapids. ;) I'm looking forward to watching this belly grow and feeling some movement in a few weeks! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! So exciting Renee! I love your journal! Can't wait to see all your updates!

midwesterngal said...

Thanks, Britt! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes - It's me "MommaDonna Anonymous". Love your journal and Love the photo of you looking at your feet. What a hoot. Can't wait to find out if we will welcome a little boy or girl soon :) What are the 2 girl names you're thinking about - or are they a secret.........

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Home