One of these days we'll use our dslr for these photos. ;) I'm red because my pale midwestern skin has not seen the sun for 6 months. Hooray for 78 degrees yesterday!
How Far Along? 17 weeks.
Size of the Baby? Baby G is the size of an apple/turnip/onion, depending on which iphone app I'm reading at the time (...yes, I have three).
Maternity Clothes? Still able to wear most of my clothes, but maternity clothes are fitting much better and are way more flattering (and comfortable). Plus, I love being able to show off the growing bump and most of my regular clothes have cleverly concealed my stomach in the past.
Stretch Marks? That ship sailed long ago.
Gender? Our next ultrasound is scheduled for May 1st! Can't wait to find out if we're having a son or daughter. We both think boy, but will be ecstatic either way.
Name? We've had a boy name set since the days we were dating. We think we have two solid girl names, but that could change!
Sleep? Sleeping well at night. I am getting my energy back and don't feel like I have to take a nap every day.
Cravings? Strawberry lemonade. Dairy Queen. Mexican. No Jitos.
What I Miss? WINE. Up until now I haven't really cared about it --- but my citrus craving has me wanting some white wine.
Movement? Nothing I've noticed yet! Can't wait to start feeling some movement.
Symptoms? Thankfully, this pregnancy has been relatively symptom-free. Other than some nausea towards the end of the first trimester, I've been feeling pretty good! Still
Belly Button? In, and I suspect will be in for quite a while!
Best Moment of the week? In general ---- getting my energy back! Dave and I spent the afternoon at Fireside on Monday, and we were able to spend a lot of time on the porch throughout the rest of the week. I also took a Prenatal Yoga class with a good friend of mine who is due one week after me. Even though I am not exhausted all the time, it's still hard for me to adjust to how easily I tire during workouts and housework/yardwork.
I've tried a few non-alcoholic beers and have been pretty unimpressed so far. ;) Last night I was able to go out with the girls and I ordered a "no jito" ---- white cranberry, apple, lime, mint and soda water. It was delicious and I'm going to try to make my own this summer (fits right in with the citrus craving!).
Looking forward to:
Mom Andersen visit this weekend!
Arizona trip in May!
Chicago Babymoon over Memorial Day weekend!
Vegas in June!
"No Jito" aka heaven in a glass
how soon will I lose sight of my feet?







3 comments:
I think whatever you end up naming this baby I will forever call him/her Baby G. If you have another one, well, that one will be Baby G 2.
Baby G has a nice ring to it, doesn't it??
Baby Garbe = Baby G street name.
Cute picture!
Post a Comment