How Far Along? 33 weeks today!
Size of the Baby? Baby G is the size of a honeydew. He is approximately 19 in and 4.5 lbs.
Maternity Clothes? Yes, ma'am! And yoga pants all weekend long. Yoga pants are the best --- and you don't even need maternity ones!!
Stretch Marks? I plead the fifth.
Gender? Boy!
Name? Ben!
Sleep? My blissful nights of sleep are over. If it's not heartburn waking me up, I'm going to the bathroom 3x a night or having some serious pregnancy insomnia. Gotta get used to it. ;)
Cravings? Still loving homemade pancakes, any tacos, ranch dressing on salads. And maybe this happened last night after a rough week:
Baby loves ice cream.
Disclaimer: That WAS split between Dave, myself and baby. ;) We haven't gone out for ice cream all summer ----- it needed to happen!!
I won't get into how many times we've been to Chipotle since it's opened.
Baby loves ice cream.
Disclaimer: That WAS split between Dave, myself and baby. ;) We haven't gone out for ice cream all summer ----- it needed to happen!!
I won't get into how many times we've been to Chipotle since it's opened.
What I Miss? Walking quickly. Even when I think I'm really moving --- I'm like a tortoise.
Movement? Yes! He's definitely running out of room and now it's mostly BIG movements. I can also feel him hiccuping, which is pretty much the cutest thing ever.
Symptoms? The worst. heartburn. of. my. life. TUMS are my best friend. I'm also tired all. of. the. time.
Some quirky aversions: A coworker brought in angel food cake for her birthday. I took a big bite (usually love it) and had to immediately spit it out in my garbage can. Sorry, office mate! And parsley --- I am not usually a big fan of parsley anyway, but I can at least stand it if it's mixed in a pasta or something (we're oregano and basil types around here). I had a smart ones (was trying to be good because I was craving fettuccine!) and it was COVERED in parsley. I had to throw out half my lunch after gagging. Boo to parsley.
Some quirky aversions: A coworker brought in angel food cake for her birthday. I took a big bite (usually love it) and had to immediately spit it out in my garbage can. Sorry, office mate! And parsley --- I am not usually a big fan of parsley anyway, but I can at least stand it if it's mixed in a pasta or something (we're oregano and basil types around here). I had a smart ones (was trying to be good because I was craving fettuccine!) and it was COVERED in parsley. I had to throw out half my lunch after gagging. Boo to parsley.
Belly Button? Still in!
Best Moments of the last couple of weeks? 32 week appointment last week was great --- everything is looking good so far! I love hearing that heartbeat. :D Next appt is at 34 weeks, and then I'll start going in weekly from 36 - 40. We finally finished our childbirth classes --- I feel a little more prepared than before, though having a baby just seems like something that you can't prepare yourself for, no matter what!
We have a functioning garage door!! This happened quite a while ago, but our garage door bit the dust. We knew it wasn't going to last very long after last winter, but finally the spring broke and we had to fix it. Not a bad time of year for the door to break --- I'm so glad it's fully functioning prior to Ben's arrival!
Worst (and funny) moment: Also a bit ago --- our Dyson AND our backup vacuum stopped working at the same time. Initially, I wasn't too upset about it ---- but there maaaay have been a weekend when I maaaay have started to cry about it while sitting in the nursery (just thought I'd give a good visual of my hormonal distress). Dave may have been the best husband ever and vacuumed our entire house with a vacuum attachment. This memory had to be documented. ;)
Seriously, though, you can't have a golden retriever and not have a functioning vacuum. Woah. This nester needs to vacuum every inch of the house, like, weekly. ;)
Looking forward to: Ben's final baby shower is this weekend (we have a couple planned post-birth, too --- this kid is spoiled!!). A few coworkers are putting together a brunch with my favorite people from work. I am also looking forward to decorating the nursery this month!! We have a few things on Etsy we are planning on ordering and here is a sneak peak of the adorable bunting Nana Patti sewed for the nursery:
We have a functioning garage door!! This happened quite a while ago, but our garage door bit the dust. We knew it wasn't going to last very long after last winter, but finally the spring broke and we had to fix it. Not a bad time of year for the door to break --- I'm so glad it's fully functioning prior to Ben's arrival!
Worst (and funny) moment: Also a bit ago --- our Dyson AND our backup vacuum stopped working at the same time. Initially, I wasn't too upset about it ---- but there maaaay have been a weekend when I maaaay have started to cry about it while sitting in the nursery (just thought I'd give a good visual of my hormonal distress). Dave may have been the best husband ever and vacuumed our entire house with a vacuum attachment. This memory had to be documented. ;)
Seriously, though, you can't have a golden retriever and not have a functioning vacuum. Woah. This nester needs to vacuum every inch of the house, like, weekly. ;)
Looking forward to: Ben's final baby shower is this weekend (we have a couple planned post-birth, too --- this kid is spoiled!!). A few coworkers are putting together a brunch with my favorite people from work. I am also looking forward to decorating the nursery this month!! We have a few things on Etsy we are planning on ordering and here is a sneak peak of the adorable bunting Nana Patti sewed for the nursery:





2 comments:
Love the dress! Can't believe how fast the time is going by. That ice cream makes me want to run out and get one right now. I think I am repeating myself by saying my belly button never went out. Dave is a trooper! I am not sure what I would do without my Dyson. The bunting survived the pony express! Hope the books show up. :-) Have fun at the shower. :-)
Looking gorgeous! I love the stuff your mom made!!!
Post a Comment