Bump Date: Week 36 & 37

Friday, August 29, 2014 |


Oreo wanted in on the action 

Week 37

How Far Along?  37 weeks today! Baby G is technically full-term, though we hope he makes it to 40 weeks. :)
Size of the Baby? Baby G is the size of a watermelon. He is anywhere from 19-22 inches long and likely around 6.5 pounds. 
Maternity Clothes? Nothing truly "fits" anymore. My maternity pants for work are hanging out at my ankles because they are pulled up around my belly so much now.  Stylin'. Also, my feet are about a half-size bigger from being a little swollen, which makes me thankful for the pair of shoes I've kept that were always a little bit too big! 
Stretch Marks? I plead the fifth. 
Gender? Boy! 
Name? Ben Garbe! 
Sleep? I get some sleep. 
Cravings? I'm back to the beginning: lemonade, baked goods, iced lattes (oh wait, that's all the time, even when I'm not pregnant). 

Also these: 


What I Miss? All I think about is running. I miss running. I won't miss it so much when I'm starting to run again. ;) 
Movement? Yes! He seems to be more active during the daytime hours now. :) 
Symptoms? Tired! Mornings are great, but by the time I get home from work I am exhausted. When people want to do things after work, I think they're crazy. ;) I'm also swelling a bit, but nothing too bad. I still have my wedding ring on, though I haven't been wearing my engagement ring in case I swell up suddenly and it needs to be cut off. ;) I'm definitely nesting --- we sanitized all of his bottles/feeding supplies and have been organizing every weekend (which really just tells you that we haven't truly organized our house since moving in almost, eh, 5 years ago....). His bedding/0-3 month clothes/towels/burp cloths have been washed and are ready to go!
Belly Button? Still in! 
Best Moments of the last couple of weeks? Nursery is nearly complete! I still have to get one more decoration up and make a ribbon mobile. I'll take some pictures soon! We've been organizing our room and have a few more baby items to pick up before baby arrives. 
Looking forward to: Meeting Ben! We have our hospital tour today, and I've got my bag (mostly) packed and ready to go. We're going to pick out a "coming home" outfit for Ben this weekend and finish up getting/organizing the last of the baby items. I'd love to spend the next three weeks just relaxing and enjoying our last few weeks of being married with no children.

And maybe get a pedicure. (hint, hint daddy-to-be!) ;)

Happy Friday!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ben looks like he is dropping and making his way for his arrival! Those pancakes look amazing. The animals can tell something is a comin'! Did I tell you my belly button never went out? (Sorry couldn't resist) Can't believe the final weeks are here. At first it went by soooo slow and now it is just wizzing by...Pedicure and a massage sound perfect! Happy 37 weeks!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home