Bump Date: Week 38

Monday, September 8, 2014 |


Week 38 + 3 days

How Far Along?  38 weeks! (+3 days. each day is a challenge so I am counting each one!)
Size of the Baby? Baby G is the size of a watermelon. He is anywhere from 19-22 inches long and likely around 6.5 - 7 lbs.
Maternity Clothes? Nothing truly "fits" anymore. I need some new shoes --- I've been told my feet will be swollen for a bit post-baby, too. 
Stretch Marks? I plead the fifth. 
Gender? Boy! 
Name? Ben Garbe! 
Sleep? I get some sleep. sometimes it's good sleep. sometimes it's not good sleep. sometimes I think about driving home and taking a nap during the day while I'm at work. Sometimes I go lie down "for a few minutes" and never get back up again. 
Cravings? Iced vanilla lattes. Specifically from Coffeesmiths. 
What I Miss? Being comfortable. Walking comfortably. My shoes fitting. Being able to get out of bed/up from my chair/put on pants without a struggle. ;) I'm basically a turtle. 
Movement? Yes! He's the cutest when he's moving. He always moves around after eating, during soccer and football games and when we play music. 
Symptoms? Braxton Hicks. Heartburn. Fatigue. Nesting. Swelling. I'm really thankful, though, that it's hit me so late in pregnancy. Sad that I can't wear my wedding rings, but happy that we don't have too much longer to go. (Don't be too late, Ben!) 
Belly Button? Still in! HOW I DON'T KNOW. 
Best Moments of the last couple of weeks? I made a ribbon mobile last weekend and then we didn't hang it up. ;) We will hang it up this week! Then, pictures! I promise! 
Looking forward to: Meeting Ben! Any guesses on arrival? I think he's going to arrive next week (before his due date --- a bit of wishful thinking!). Dave thinks he'll arrive a bit after his due date (which is more likely as a first-time mom). 

Cat adventures to brighten up your Monday: 


This is her favorite baby item. 


Testing out baby's crib. 


She liked this for about five seconds before realizing her favorite place to sleep is in the middle of our Queen-sized bed. 


She's excited we're having a boy.  


Can't leave out a picture of our cute and fluffy puppy. ;) Naturally, we assume she thinks we're having a puppy. And that Oreo thinks we're having a dragon, given that we call her Khaleesi from time to time. Totally makes sense. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful picture of you! The cat is hilarious and Ginbear sweet as ever. Belly button in...no comment...hehehe...I guess 23rd first day of Fall or sunset on the 24th for Rosh Hashanah ;-)...Khaleesi! Love it! Mother of Dragons! Can't wait!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home