Week 39 (go huskers!)
How Far Along? 39 weeks. 5 days from our due date today!
Size of the Baby? Baby G is the size of a watermelon. He is anywhere from 19-22 inches long and my app says around 7 lbs. He's obviously not 7 lbs from that picture above. We think he's 8. ;)
Maternity Clothes? Nothing truly "fits" anymore. I broke down and purchased a pair of flats and some boots. My feet are very thankful.
Stretch Marks? I plead the fifth.
Gender? Boy!
Name? Ben Garbe!
Sleep? Oh, sleep. I need to make myself rest more often. I'm at a really good place at work, so I'm going to take it easy this week and leave early to get a nap in! Happy my workplace is so flexible with my hours. That is definitely a benefit of working with a lot of female nurses!
Cravings? This baby needs to arrive so we can take our first family trip to the apple orchard. This momma needs some apple cider donuts, stat!
What I Miss? Being comfortable. Walking comfortably. My shoes fitting. Being able to get out of bed/up from my chair/put on pants without a struggle. ;) I'm basically a turtle. This is still true this week.
Movement? Yes! And there is no room left in there.
Symptoms? Braxton Hicks. My heartburn has been better this week since he has dropped so much. I'm so tired and sore, though! I'm also fairly irritable, but I don't know that there's any way around that at 39 weeks pregnant. ;)
Belly Button? Still in! HOW I DON'T KNOW.
Best Moments of the last couple of weeks? Getting to 39 weeks feels like a huge accomplishment. There are so many significant milestones throughout pregnancy that mean your baby is likely to be healthy, and getting to 39 weeks is one of them.
Some nursery pictures! You'll have to visit and see the nursery in person! ;)
Light was not my friend today. ;) The walls are light gray, curtains; etc. are navy.
Awesome recliner from Dave's parents! Elephant bunting made by my mom!
The ottoman has a side pocket where I plan to stash magazines/my ipad for nursing and has storage space inside for nursing gear/burp cloths/snacks; etc. It was an awesome and super cheap Target find. The lamp also has a shade on the bottom and the light is adjustable so it won't be shining in Ben's face. :)
Changing area
Crib!
Close-up of bunting
This is as crafty as I get, people.
Cute peek-a-boo elephant print from Art.com
My mom is a lot craftier than I am. ;) She painted this shelf! Adorable keepsakes from MommaDonna! We're going to add a few elephants from Dave's childhood, too.
You can never have too many books!
Wall decals from Etsy
Going home outfit #1 (whaaaat is this cuteness)
Going home outfit #Ben-is-huge-and-doesn't-fit-in-newborn-outfit
Adorable dog who has no idea what she's in for!

















1 comment:
Love the nursery! You did a fabulous job! With any luck, this will be your last blog post before baby Ben arrives! Can't wait to meet him soon! Yay yay yay!!!! Take care of yourself and get as much rest as you can this next week! Big hugs and love from the soon to be Mrs. Pierce, Mr. Pierce, and Ozzie the pup!
Post a Comment