How Far Along? 35 weeks today!
Size of the Baby? Baby G is the size of a large cantaloupe. He is anywhere from 19 - 22 in and 5.5 lbs. (He'll probably just gain 2 more pounds in the next five weeks and be the perfect size. Right?!?!)
Maternity Clothes? Yes, ma'am! Even that's starting to be a bit of a struggle. Yoga pants should be part of an acceptable "maternity dress code" at work. ;)
Stretch Marks? I plead the fifth.
Gender? Boy!
Name? Benjamin Andersen Garbe.
Sleep? Sleep is not going so well, but I'm getting used to it.
Cravings? Wendy's frostys ---- I had quite a few home visits this week, and (understandably so) no one else has the air conditioner blasted to the arctic temperatures I've gotten used to at home. There is a Wendys two blocks from the hospital...at $1 a frosty, how can an 8.5 month pregnant woman say no??
Yesterday I also got a large lemonade from Panera after two challenging home visits. They have the best lemonade. I've also had approximately one thousand iced whole milk lattes from the local coffee shop.
Though I recognize we've basically had Fall weather all summer, I'm still hot, people. ;) (Thank you, weather gods.)
Yesterday I also got a large lemonade from Panera after two challenging home visits. They have the best lemonade. I've also had approximately one thousand iced whole milk lattes from the local coffee shop.
Though I recognize we've basically had Fall weather all summer, I'm still hot, people. ;) (Thank you, weather gods.)
What I Miss? I've gotten to the point where I feel like a whale. So, I guess I miss not feeling like a whale.
Movement? Yes! He's kicking me in the ribs all the time. He parties all night. He seems to sleep when I'm walking/active.
Symptoms? Heartburn hasn't been as bad this week (yay!). Fatigue hasn't been as bad, either. I don't know why, but I think weeks 32-34 were really tough for me and this week has been pretty nice.
Belly Button? Still in!
Best Moments of the last couple of weeks? 34 week appointment went well! He's growing right on track and heartbeat sounds great. We met our Pediatric ARNP and she seems wonderful. I'll be happy to have her taking care of Ben after he's born and the clinic is a 10 minute drive from our house. We booked our photographer for newborn photos. I went back and forth about whether it was really "necessary" to take professional newborn photos --- but, um, YES, in the end we decided it was 100% necessary to have photos of our squishy newborn with some sort of cute hat on/in a wagon/in a basket/any other ridiculously cute scenario. Our hospital tour is scheduled for two weeks from now (literally the day I am technically full-term!) and I meet with HR today about maternity leave. We're getting a lot of these super important tasks completed and it makes me less anxious every week! I had a work shower a couple of weeks ago, and it was such a sweet shower. One of my co-workers ordered this awesome "diaper cake":
So cute!!
We have a working vacuum!!!!!
Also loving coming home to some surprise gifts from Ben's Grandmas and Aunt! Adorable outfits, handmade keepsakes, and books --- it really brightens my day! (Read: I get all giggly and turn to mush.)
Looking forward to: Decorating the nursery this weekend! All of our artwork should be here by end of day today or tomorrow, so Sunday will be the day we put everything together. :) I'm also really looking forward to meeting Ben. I really hope we get to 40 weeks for all the health benefits, but as we get closer to 37 weeks, I'm so happy to get to the point where he'll be considered full-term and we don't have to worry as much if he arrives early. :)
So cute!!
We have a working vacuum!!!!!
Also loving coming home to some surprise gifts from Ben's Grandmas and Aunt! Adorable outfits, handmade keepsakes, and books --- it really brightens my day! (Read: I get all giggly and turn to mush.)
Looking forward to: Decorating the nursery this weekend! All of our artwork should be here by end of day today or tomorrow, so Sunday will be the day we put everything together. :) I'm also really looking forward to meeting Ben. I really hope we get to 40 weeks for all the health benefits, but as we get closer to 37 weeks, I'm so happy to get to the point where he'll be considered full-term and we don't have to worry as much if he arrives early. :)





1 comment:
Love the different pose! We did professional pictures with you kids, however, they were not as creative as photographers are today. Cannot wait to see the nursery and all the cute items up.I may go broke buying/making all the cute things I keep seeing. The Septemberfest is coming soon and I know they always have adorable things for babies...Did I mention my belly button never went out? (I feel a slap on back side of head, eye roll, MOM! or giggle coming on...) Just couldn't resist...hehehehe. Happy 35 weeks!
Post a Comment