Bump Date: Week 23

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 |


23 weeks

How Far Along?  23 weeks (as of last Friday --- I need to get better about documenting sooner!)
Size of the Baby? Baby G is the size of a papaya. He is 8 inches and 1.2 lbs. Supposedly. Pretty sure this little man is bigger than that. ;) 
Maternity Clothes? Daily. 
Stretch Marks? HA. 
Gender? BOY! 
Name? Ben! Middle name TBD --- though pretty sure we're narrowing it down. 
Sleep? Sleep is all over the place. I woke up at 5 AM Friday and Saturday morning, then slept for a record 13 hours Sunday night followed by a two hour nap Monday afternoon. 
Cravings? Strawberry smoothies. 
What I Miss? Stella. I don't know if it was Memorial weekend, the beautiful summery air, or if it's simply that Ben is going to have excellent taste in beer*, but I have been craving Stella big time. I texted a lot of people about it. I made a Marlon Brando joke**. I was getting pretty desperate for sympathy, folks. Pretty sure we're toasting with Stella instead of champagne at this dear baby's birth. Just keepin' it classy. 
Movement? Yes! Pretty sure he's practicing his soccer (and baseball!) moves already. Can't wait for Dave to be able to feel Ben kick --- hopefully by the end of next month when I am in the third tri!  
Symptoms? Fatigue is back! 
Belly Button? In, and I suspect will be in for quite a while! 
Best Moment of the week? 
Babymoon in Des Moines. :) We had some delicious barbecue at Jethro's at the Drake University campus, went to the farmer's market, walked the riverwalk, went to the botanical gardens, had an amazing lunch at Centro, and went to an Iowa Cubs game. Of course, no visit would have been complete without grabbing some Chipotle before heading back to Cedar Rapids (ours opens this summer!!!!). We loved Des Moines, and I know we'll be back with Ben --- a lot of fun family things to do in that city.

Some pictures from the weekend:


It's not a selfie if it's with your hubby, right?


Botanical Gardens


Jethro's ---- this was for two. and I don't mean me and Ben. ;) 


Leslie Knope'd when I saw this bridge.


Hopefully an awesome future Cubbie! 


Cutie and future awesome dad. 

Looking forward to: Starting to put the nursery together! We painted the trim white and the walls gray. Our crib and dresser are ordered! It will be fun to start putting everything together while I still have a teeny bit of energy (or at least I'm telling myself I have some energy). Perhaps this will be the start of "honey do lists" ---- lucky Dave! ;) 


*not until he's of age, right?!?!?
**Dave puts up with a lot of corn around here, and I'm not talking about Iowa! 

(too far??)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures! Can't wait to see the nursery set up. :-) Jethro's looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

Loved this blog entry (as usual). Your comment about Jethro's and eating for 2 cracked me up. Glad you had a great time in Des Moines! Can't wait to see you (and Ginny) in a couple of weeks!!!

Anonymous said...

I just had time to really read this....and caught the Brando joke....Dave puts up with a lot of corn around here, and I'm not talking about Iowa! You goofbag....love it! Good thing you had the ** for slowski's like Nana Patti!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home