How Far Along? 20 weeks. We're halfway there!
Size of the Baby? Baby G is the size of a cantaloupe. He was 11 ounces at our ultrasound!
Maternity Clothes? Yes, ma'am! Just ordered some more. Guys, I saved the same amount of dollars on my last maternity clothes order that I spent, what a steal! Dave is not a fan of that logic. ;) I'm cutting myself off this month!!!
Stretch Marks? HA.
Gender? BOY! I may or may not have walked through the baby section of Target to look at "boy" things while "grabbing food for the weekend" yesterday. I may or may not have done this same thing pretty much weekly for the last month or two...
Having a boy will be so much fun. Having a girl would have been equally as fun. :) But the tomboy in me is loving all the sports themed and animal themed outfits/decor for boys. And blue is my favorite color. AND though there is a lack of bows, there are HATS. Cute, adorable boy hats. And little man suits. Okay, I should move on.
Name? We've had a boy name set since the days we were dating. We have been telling family and close friends --- so I believe the readership knows! Benjamin Garbe! Middle name TBD. He has been and forever will be Benny Bear Garbe, so he should enjoy that when he's older.
Sleep? Sleeping really well at night - most nights. I've been waking up REALLY early, but that's also somewhat normal for me (and Ginny). I think it may work out that Dave takes the night owl shift and I take the morning shift someday down the line (do you like how naively easy that sounds to me right now??).
Cravings? Cravings haven't been so bad lately! I am just really hungry once I get hungry.
What I Miss? Friends and family that are far away (though fortunately a quick drive/flight from us). Add to that list Ms. Katelyn Morrison who is moving even FARTHER away to be the world's best librarian in Muncie, IN. I think Ben is going to be facetime-ing and skype-ing quite a few family and "framily" members!
Movement? Definitely starting to feel a little movement!
Symptoms? I don't know, guys. I think I may be nesting early. I spent my Friday night cleaning, doing laundry, planning out the nursery, and making flight reservations with Dave...
Also pregnancy brain. I had to double check that the adverb naively actually existed.
Belly Button? In, and I suspect will be in for quite a while!
Best Moment of the week? The ultrasound! It was so cool to see a little Ben moving around and to know that everything is looking good and normal. :) He moved a lot and as typical parents-to-be we thought he was just the CUTEST baby ever and the funniest when he was moving around.
Looking forward to: Seeing family and friends throughout the summer, Babymoon in Chicago, lounging poolside in Vegas, and starting to put the nursery together.
A goofy picture for your enjoyment that I think shows my level of comfort with posing:
Should I have picked this one for facebook??







4 comments:
Your blog always makes me smile. Ben (Doopie Jr.) has such wonderful parents! Love and hugs from AZ :)
I'm kinda in love with this second pic. And I hate that I'm moving away right when little Ben will be born. So then I think about our longer term plans, and that makes me feel better.
I think Ben and I will make it out to Muncie next year! And he should really see U of I as soon as possible. ;) I love that champaign is in the middle. Boys can watch Ben while we grab a martini at that bar...
Hey my post never posted....booooooo! On a happier note I love how the boys will watch Benny Folds Garbe while the gals hit up Boltini....you are going to need a lot of those strip things. ;-)
Post a Comment